Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The afterlife?

I know, weird topic for me to randomly blurt out and talk about.
The afterlife is just always something I've wondered about, though... I mean, is there really a place you go when you die? Personally, I think there is a Heaven (funny, considering I'm an atheist but I believe in THAT O_o) and that there is a Hell, but, what if there's something in between?
I know that people are always saying, "oh, ghosts aren't real. There's no way" and crap, but things like that tend to make my mind wander. Sometimes it likes to wander to little la-la lands, but it still wanders, often to topics like this one.
If you were to ask me about my belief in ghosts and the afterlife and things to the effect, I wouldn't say that I don't believe in it nor that I do, I would only say that I keep an open mind. Yes, the concept of ghosts living in the world is just the slightest bit strange, but hey, you never know, right? I'm sure there's more than just one person in the world who thinks that they've felt the presence of something supernatural before. Like, when you get that creepy feeling at night when you're trying to sleep that someone is watching you, or when you think you see something on the other side of the room. I, like most people probably do, just try to shrug it off and say, "oh, it's all in my head. There's nothing in here."
But... what if there IS?
Then I think that to myself, then I get all creeped out and don't sleep for a week. Yeah, that's what I get for being so damn curious about everything.
Aside from that, what I'm really trying to say is, how do we know for sure that ghosts and other forms of the afterlife (if there is one) are real?
We don't.
These scientists these days can do study after study after study and still not find anything, yet tell us that things like this aren't real. You know, sometimes, I just want to walk up to one of them scientists and give 'em a nice big smack across the face. Then I'd yell something like, "QUIT YER DAMN JABBERING ABOUT HOW THIS AIN'T REAL!" or something stupid like that. Then I'd get a restraining order. Oh, that larfs my friends would have if that happened.
But, again, that's beside the point I'm trying to make...

Now, I bet you're wondering where this all came from.
You honestly want to know? Seriously, its pretty pathetic.
And it probably means that I shouldn't think so deep into those Ghost Whisperer episodes. XD
...
yeah. That's pretty much the roots of all this. Ghost Whisperer.
Though, I do have to say, that is one pretty awesome show. I love it.
But its not the WHOLE reason for my blabbering about ghosts and the afterlife here.
Like I said before, this is just a topic the I've always found fascinating. I always seem to be interested in creepy, supernatural things like that... you know, watch me grow up and become one of those conspiracy theorists.
... That would actually be pretty funny.

So, I guess I'll leave you all hanging on my thoughts there. While I'm off trying to hunt some ghosts, have fun on this wonderful little munchkin of a blogging site.

Chao.

No comments:

Post a Comment